Filter not working?

wjkelly
wjkelly Registered Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭

I uploaded a datafile and did a little cleaning. I wanted to verify that certain data were where I expected them to be. So on the "Customer" field, I search for "Apothecaria" and got nothing. But I could scroll and find the records that contained that value in the field. I'm not sure why the field won't filter on the specific customer name when I can clearly see it in the field data.

I've uploaded a screen grab that shows the filter interface with zero hits, and the actual data it should be hitting right below it on the screen.

It's weird. Thoughts?

Operating system used: MacOS Monterey v12.4

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,212 Dataiker
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I see you have multiple filters on multiple columns, which may exclude the matches you are looking for based on the other filter.

Can you try using a single filter or can filtering using the filter in the Sample setting for the same value and see if you still don't get matches?

Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 11.30.30.png

Answers

• wjkelly
    wjkelly Registered Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I deleted all filters, and tried again using the dropdown from the column name. Still got no hits despite seeing on the same screen records with the value I was trying to filter on.

Here's a screen shot of that:

screen grab 2.png

When I applied a filter in the Configure Sample dialog, it DID filter the dataset properly.

I guess that satisfies my desire to verify the presence of certain data, but leaves me confused by the behavior of the filter function from the column header drop down.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…