Allow SQL across connections for visual recipes

Emiel
Emiel Registered, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

When building a visual recipe, it would speed up the jobs if there was the possibility to allow "SQL across connections" (Inputs and outputs datasets reside on different connections), just like it is possible for SQL recipes.

Thanks!

3 votes

Considered · Last Updated

Comments

• apichery
    apichery Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Registered, Product Ideas Manager, Moderator Posts: 62 Dataiker

@Emiel_Veersma
    Hi Emiel,

This is something that can be very difficult to implement depending on the underlying database you target. Do you have a database in mind (Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse, PostgreSQL, other)?

• Emiel
    Emiel Registered, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @apichery

Our underlying system is MSSQL (although I guess it would work for all SQL connections). When I use the "Allow SQL across connections"-feature in SQL, I go to the query and add the database and schema of the tables. I thought that by adding the database and schema to the advanced tab in a view, you could allow SQL across connections.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…