Data bricks connectivity with Dataiku

sj0071992
sj0071992 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 131 Neuron

Hi Team,

I just want to understand how I can connect Databricks with Dataiku.

Thanks

Answers

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,225 Dataiker

To connect to Databricks you can use a generic SQL connection and load the JDBC driver from Databricks.

1) Download the driver: https://databricks.com/spark/odbc-drivers-download
    2) Place the jar (SparkJDBC42.jar) in data_dir/lib/jdbc on DSS
    3) Create a new SQL connection choose Hive as your dialect driver class is usually com.simba.spark.jdbc.Driver

This will then allow reads from Databricks.

If you want more details around how DSS integrates with Databricks I would you reach out to your Partner Manager directly.

• sj0071992
    sj0071992 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 131 Neuron

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to re-phrase my question.

I want to use Databricks instead of EKS

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,225 Dataiker

Hi,

In that case, I would suggest you reach out to the Partner Manager to discuss this. They can provide you with more information.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…