Introduce Yourself!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Introduce Yourself!

As we're working to connect our user base and build a vibrant community space for everyone, we thought it would be helpful to have a space for members to introduce themselves and get to know others in the Community. 

A few thoughts starters: 

• Username/Name
  • Role 
  • Responsibilities
  • Experience in Data Science 

We look forward to connecting with everyone and learning more about our amazing group of Dataiku DSS users! 

14 Replies
Tim
Level 2
Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi there Nest community,

My name is Tim Dries from Belgium.

I work as Analytics and Tableau Consultant  in the BE/UK/NE/DE region.

My background is Sociology, Quantitative Analysis and all things data.

I am Using Dataiku for a year or 2 now, love the tool.

Looking forward to see where this community will go!

Feel free to connect:
https://bit.ly/35sVa3V

Cheers,
Tim 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim! Welcome and thanks for being the first poster in our new community!

Feel free to provide feedback on anything you find here

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?
0 Kudos
ash
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I'm Ash Tapia. Based out of London, I work as the Data & Tools Manager at Unilever. I look after all the vendor relations and am jointly responsible for analytics innovation with others in the company.

Unfortunately for all you smart people, I am a potato data science newbie.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ash! Happy to see a fellow Londoner here - welcome to the Community.

Not unfortunate at all - having less experienced people here to let us know if we are being unhelpfully technical is fantastic!  

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?
0 Kudos
kmuehmel Dataiker
Dataiker
Welcome to the Community, Tim! Thanks for being a Dataiku user, and for bringing your experience to all of us here!
Kurt
Chief Customer Officer @ Dataiku
kmuehmel Dataiker
Dataiker
Welcome to the Community, Ash! You and your colleagues at Unilever are doing impressive things, and your contributions will be beneficial to all!
Kurt
Chief Customer Officer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos
kldehoff
Level 1

My name is Kevin DeHoff. 

I live and work in the Orlando, FL area (and I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to share the company name, so I won't). 

I have a Ph.D. in Statistics and hold a role as a Data Scientist. 

My duties include building predictive models and improving automation methods.

I have been using Dataiku extensively between evaluation, community, and full versions for approximately 3 years.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin - Great to meet you and thanks for joining the Dataiku Community! Feel free to reach out to our Community Management team at any time - @MichaelG @LisaB or myself if you have questions. 

And of course, would love to hear your thoughts on the experience in this thread

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
tgb417
Level 3

Hi,  My name is Tom Brown, I work with cultural Non-Profit organizations like museums and theaters.  I help these organizations better understand their patrons through data analytics and data science.  In my professional life, I'm working with Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, NJ, and others.  Currently, I'm working on Web and analytic projects.  In the data science area I working on forecasting Museum Attendance through predictive modeling.  I also facilitate a group called "analytic Coffee" we are a group of data analysts and data scientists working within the cultural non-profits.

In my free time, I'm a digital image-maker.  I'm currently using Style Transfer and morphing techniques based on Neural Networks. 

Below is a recent image I created for my holiday greeting it is a style transfer between a candle and the work of Georgia O'Keeffe.

Happy Holidays.jpeg 

--Tom