Problems trying to do a training using the VM image - wrong version, broken links

Options
DaveK
DaveK Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4

I am trying to run dataiku locally on my Windows 10 laptop so I can complete some of the training exercises required for my job, but when I download the VM image it downloads version 9.0.1, while the trainings all say they require 11.0 or higher.

By editing the path to the VM I found that there is a VM for version 11, but after installing it when I take the first step in the "Data Science Quick Start" tutorial:

We’ll create our project from an existing Dataiku tutorial project.

• From the Dataiku homepage, click on +New Project.
  • Choose DSS Tutorials > Quick Start > Data Scientist Quick Start (Tutorial).

I get:

Could not download tutorials

Not all tutorials are available here.
You can download all sample projects and tutorials from our Learn website

Details: Error while trying to GET url, caused by: SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target, caused by: ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target, caused by: SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

and the link to "our Learn website" given above gives a 404 error.

Altogether, this is a pretty poor experience for anyone trying out dataiku for the first time and I imagine would put off lots of prospective customers. I suggest the company spends some time and effort to ensure that the training courses are doable as advertised.

Operating system used: Windows 10

Operating system used: Windows 10

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DaveK
    DaveK Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply. I agree that the SSL issue may well be caused by my company VPN.

I managed to download and install the zip file for the tutorial as you suggested.

Dave

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…