How to connect to remote private GIT repository

Options
epsi95
epsi95 Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 15 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to import code from my private git repository in `Library Editor` (I can't make it public since the information is sensitive). As a result it is throwing me error

Remote references can't be fetched
Branches and tags could not be fetched from remote Git, caused by: IOException: Process failure, caused by: IOException: Process execution failed (return code 128) (error=remote: Support for password authentication was removed on August 13, 2021. Please use a personal access token instead. remote: Please see https://github.blog/2020-12-15-token-authentication-requirements-for-git-operations/ for more information. fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/xxxx/' )
Please check the flow for more details

More information on this error in DSS documentation

Additional technical details: HTTP code: 500, Code: ERR_GIT_LIST_REFS_FAILED, type: com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.CodedException

How can I solve this issue, I have the access token with me. How to tell dataiku to use it?

Best Answer

Answers

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @epsi95
    while you wait for a more complete response, if you haven't already accessed them, here are some resources you may find helpful:

I hope this helps!

• VitaliyD
    VitaliyD Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 102 Dataiker
    Options

Hi,

In addition to what already said, if you didn't come across it yet, you can find detailed usage guidance on cloning a Library from a Remote git repository in our knowledge base: https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/advanced-code/work-environment/library-pull.html#cloning-a-library-from-a-remote-git-repository

Best,

Vitaliy

• Marlan
    Marlan Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 317 Neuron
    Options

Hi @AlexT

I am working on pretty much the same task, that is connecting to an Azure DevOps git repo from DSS hosted on Azure. Seems like an SSH connection is a good approach and so working on getting that set up.

A question about your note though. Is your step 2 required? I thought that was optional and only necessary if we wanted to to limit access to repos by group.

Thanks!

Marlan

P.S., the link for step 1 as some extra text (%C2%A0) that make it not work.

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    Options

Hi,

Indeed similar steps would apply for Azure Devops :

For step 2 you will need to at least use .* or the regex suggested and allow your groups git access.

Otherwise, you will get an error like "You are not allowed to use remote Git commands". If Allow git for the groups is not enabled. Refer to screenshot below.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 22.18.59.png

Thanks,

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…