Govern node jointly used with API node and/or Automation node

Hi everyone

My setup is the following:

• Design Node
  • Deployer Node
  • Automation Node
  • API Node
  • Govern Node

Each node is a separate instance (e.g the deployer node is remote to the design node). I recently setup a govern node with which I track all bundles deployed on the automation node, as well as all APIs deployed to the api node. There is a setting that prevents you from deploying a bundle/api if it was not signed-off previously on the govern node. This setting is outlined here at the very top. I was able to use this setting as long as I used a local deployer, but once I switched over to a remote one, the setting disappeared. Is this intended behaviour or am I missing a particular configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel

Operating system used: Alma Linux

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello @Schiggy ,

Can you ensure you have the govern activated on the Deployer node and that you refreshed your browser after that check is saved?

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 16.17.26.png

Schiggy
Level 2
Author

Hi @fsergot, thanks for your reply! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I activated the govern node on both, the deployer and automation node (although I think on the deployer is sufficient). The governable items section on the govern node even gets populated with projects.

govern_node.PNG

What I did so far:

• Setup the different nodes
  • Declared a nodeid for every node
  • Created an API key on the govern node for the design, deployer, and automation node.
  • Setup infrastructure (using the automation node) on the deployer node.
  • Successfully deployed project bundles to the automation node.

0 Kudos
fsergot
Dataiker

That seems weird indeed. the display of the Dataiku Govern Policy is only driven by the activation of the govern integration on the Deployer node, nothing else (and even if the integration itself is not working, the dorp down is still available).

Which version are you using?

Schiggy
Level 2
Author

After almost 24h the dropdown appeared in the GUI of both, the automation node and the api node. This is odd ๐Ÿ˜ Well, it apparently works now. Thanks for your time, I greatly appreciate it.

govern_node.PNG

0 Kudos