New to Dataiku DSS? Try out our NEW Quick Start Programs today and get onboarded on the product in just one hour! Let's go

Error while connecting Impala through JDBC

Solved!
fk
Level 2
Error while connecting Impala through JDBC

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect Impala via JDBC connection. However, I get Error: Creating Login Context. Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication exception. Following is the connection string which I am using:

jdbc:impala://<hostname>:21050;AuthMech=1;KrbRealm=<REALM>;KrbHostFQDN=<fqdn>;KrbServiceName=impala;SSL=1;SSLKeyStore=<KSPATH>

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fk
Level 2
Author

Hi @CoreyS , I managed to connect kudu table via impala external table on top of it using configuration below:

JDBC Driver Class -

org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

JDBC URL -

jdbc:hive2://impala.demo.com:21050/;principal=impala/impala.demo.com@DEMO.COM;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=<truststore.jks>;trustStorePassword=<password>;sslKeyStore=<keystore-impala.jks>;keyStorePassword=<password>

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CoreyS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @fk ! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if you’ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
fk
Level 2
Author

Hi @CoreyS , I managed to connect kudu table via impala external table on top of it using configuration below:

JDBC Driver Class -

org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

JDBC URL -

jdbc:hive2://impala.demo.com:21050/;principal=impala/impala.demo.com@DEMO.COM;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=<truststore.jks>;trustStorePassword=<password>;sslKeyStore=<keystore-impala.jks>;keyStorePassword=<password>

View solution in original post

A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS