DSS install on osx (python environment)

Options
Antonius
Antonius Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

How do I change the default python environment when installing DSS on mac from the default 2.7 to 3.7?

I want this piece of the installer script:

[Install] [+] Initializing Python environment
[+] Initializing Python environment using platform default

[Install] + Using default base Python for this platform : /usr/bin/python2.7

to point to /usr/bin/python3 (which is my python3.7 installation...)

Best Answer

Answers

• Antonius
    Options

Thanks! it did help the article regarding rebuild the environment, though tweaked for the mac mini I have.

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

@Antonius

What were your tweeks? I have a similar config as you.

• Antonius
    edited July 17
    Options

Hi,

I picked the info for Linux and searched for the same process in Mac; I opened the Terminal and ran:

export DKUPYTHONBIN=/usr/local/bin/python3.7

I did a test to see if I did it right with:

echo $DKUPYTHONBIN

I did the above as to test if I could run DSS on my Mac mini M1 and it seems that it helped (plus other things I did, see post).

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    edited July 17
    Options

@sergeyd

I was able to install python 3.6 on Mac OS 10.15.7 and then run the re-install python 3.6 in DSS.

I used homebrew to install pyenv to install python 3.6 with the commands

# install pyenv
    brew install pyenv pyenv-virtualenv pyenv-virtualenvwrapper
    # install prerequesits for pyenv compilation
    brew install openssl readline sqlite3 xz zlib
    # install latest python 3.6 as of April 2021
    pyenv install 3.6.13
    # make python 3.6.13 the global default for Python
    pyenv global 3.6.13

Then used the installation steps you recommended. However, finding the directories for the following in the reinstall command was a challenge:

dataiku-dss-VERSION

is /Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/

DATA_DIR

is /Users/[Your Home Directory]/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home

On my computer, the command you described turned out to be:

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/installer.sh -d 
    /Users/[Your Home Directory]/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home -u -P python3.6 

Note: You will have to replace your home director where it says [Your Home Directory]

I did not use the environment variable.

# setup the environment variable DKUPYTHONBIN
    export DKUPYTHONBIN=/usr/local/bin/python3.7
    # test the environment variable
    echo $DKUPYTHONBIN

I did this with DSS 9.0.1 installed by homebrew.

• tgb417
    edited July 17
    Options

For DSS 10.0.7 on Mac OS 10.15.7 using the new DSS Installer Application the location of the installer.sh file seems to have moved to

DATA_DIR/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.7-osx

That said I'm was having difficulties getting older code environments to load in DSS 10.0.7. Turns out that a specific python library postal was the culprit. I think that I have things resolved after reinstall of the python Library.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…