Azure BLOB connection

Solved!
Vio
Level 2
Azure BLOB connection

Does someone have experience Azure BLOB connections?

In DSS 5.x, only connection using storage access key is available.

In DSS 6+, also OAUTH authorization is possible, however this is not documented, so I would like to know which "Auth endpoint" is required and which permissions the app must have.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Vio

1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

the endpoint can be found in your App Registration's 'Endpoints' tab on the app's Overview (in the Azure portal). It's the "OAuth 2.0 authorization endpoint (v2)" url. On the Authentication tab, you may need to check tokens in the "implicit grant" section, and the 'Default client type' in the Advanced settings.

The permissions of the app are a matter of your administration of the Azure subscription and objects. You can probably grant the appropriate permissions in the 'Access control (IAM)' tab of the storage account you need to access.

Regards,

Frederic

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

the endpoint can be found in your App Registration's 'Endpoints' tab on the app's Overview (in the Azure portal). It's the "OAuth 2.0 authorization endpoint (v2)" url. On the Authentication tab, you may need to check tokens in the "implicit grant" section, and the 'Default client type' in the Advanced settings.

The permissions of the app are a matter of your administration of the Azure subscription and objects. You can probably grant the appropriate permissions in the 'Access control (IAM)' tab of the storage account you need to access.

Regards,

Frederic

gdekruijf
Level 1

Did you manage to get it work eventually? I feel like I'm stuck on the permissions for the app. Keep getting "This request is not authorized to perform this operation.", although the app is both "storage account contributor" and "Storage Blob Data Owner" on the storage account resource.

other fields seem to prove valid since changing them gives expected (different) results

0 Kudos