Exclude certain portions of the flow in bundle

We often find ourselves deploying projects to Production which have code that is not ready for Production. We don't really want to duplicate projects just to work on the next release of a project, this is a time consuming way of solving this problem and it duplicates too many things. Branching in the DSS built-in Git is not suitable either since there is no facility to merge back to master once you branch out.

We would like to be able to have some Flow Zones excluded from the project bundle. This will allow for some parallel development to be done on the same project which is not deployed until it's ready to go live. 

3 Comments
fsergot
Dataiker

As noted in related idea -> ability to remove items from a bundle (notebooks, flow zones, etc.) 

Regarding Flow zones, this is an interesting ideas, raised also as another request. I will record it. Note that it is not trivial as flow zones are more of a presentation layer than a proper content split. There are potentially many other objects that are using datasets or even recipes that not concerned by flow zones (like dashboard insights, scenarios, webapps..).

Status changed to: In Backlog

As noted in related idea -> ability to remove items from a bundle (notebooks, flow zones, etc.) 

Regarding Flow zones, this is an interesting ideas, raised also as another request. I will record it. Note that it is not trivial as flow zones are more of a presentation layer than a proper content split. There are potentially many other objects that are using datasets or even recipes that not concerned by flow zones (like dashboard insights, scenarios, webapps..).

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog