Concatenate in JSON Array Format in Visual Window and Group By Recipies

Options
tgb417
tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron

User Story:

As a data analyst who uses Dataiku Visual Join and Window Recipes, from time to time I'd like to be able to concatenate values as JSON Arrays. (Not simply with a separator based approach.). This would allow for quicker use of Join and Window Recipie. Maybe not requiring a followup prepare recipie

COS:

• Current Default behavior should remain
  • Documentation should be complete
  • It would be nice if the JSON version knew the datatype and did the correct thing.

Notes:

Many times I will concatenate with the separator "," and then create a seperate recipie to add the [" and "] on the results of a concatenate.

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

@LouisDHulst

Thanks for upvoting this idea.

Any further comments on your use case you would like to add for the development teams consideration?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…