Tensorboard webapp won't start

Solved!
Herve
Level 4
Tensorboard webapp won't start

I followed instructions at https://academy.dataiku.com/image-classification-with-visual-tools-open/583580 

2021-04-24 17:25:46,735 INFO Starting Webapp backend2021-04-24 17:25:46,737 INFO Serving dependencies for html2021-04-24 17:25:46,741 INFO Serving html2021-04-24 17:25:46,742 INFO Starting backend for web app: DKU_TUTORIAL_IMAGE_CLASSIFICATION_THE_VISUAL_WAY.yADy4U0/home/hblanc/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/PYTHON_DL/lib/python3.6/site-packages/markdown/util.py:87: DeprecationWarning: SelectableGroups dict interface is deprecated. Use select.  INSTALLED_EXTENSIONS = metadata.entry_points().get('markdown.extensions', ())2021-04-24 17:25:56,119 WARNING From /home/hblanc/DATA_DIR/plugins/installed/deeplearning-image-cpu/python-lib/tensorboard_handle.py:13: The name tf.logging.WARN is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.logging.WARN instead.2021-04-24 17:25:56,119 WARNING From /home/hblanc/DATA_DIR/plugins/installed/deeplearning-image-cpu/python-lib/tensorboard_handle.py:19: The name tf.logging.set_verbosity is deprecated. Please use tf.compat.v1.logging.set_verbosity instead.2021-04-24 17:25:56,194 ERROR Backend main loop failedTraceback (most recent call last):  File "/home/hblanc/dataiku-dss-9.0.1/python/dataiku/webapps/backend.py", line 71, in serve    exec(command["code"], globals(), globals()) # in globals so that flask can find them  File "<string>", line 25, in <module>  File "/home/hblanc/DATA_DIR/plugins/installed/deeplearning-image-cpu/python-lib/tensorboard_handle.py", line 23, in __init__    app = self.__get_tb_app(logs_path)  File "/home/hblanc/DATA_DIR/plugins/installed/deeplearning-image-cpu/python-lib/tensorboard_handle.py", line 50, in __get_tb_app    assets_zip_provider=tb_default.get_assets_zip_provider(),AttributeError: module 'tensorboard.default' has no attribute 'get_assets_zip_provider'

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Herve 

My bad, I haven't rebuilt the env so messed up with the package versions. Please make sure you have the next versions set: 

tensorflow==1.4.0
keras==2.3.1
keras-preprocessing==1.1.0
scikit-learn>=0.20,<0.21
scipy>=1.1,<1.2
statsmodels>=0.9,<0.10
jinja2>=2.10,<2.11
flask==0.12.2
h5py==2.7.1
pillow==5.1.0

and rebuild (check Rebuild env option) the code env. In this case, tensorflow will install tensorflow-tensorboard==0.4.0. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Herve,

There is high chance you have installed a higher version of tensorboard which has 'get_assets_zip_provider' attribute deprecated. 

Please make sure you have followed the instructions and install the packages from the "Set of Packages".  This way DSS will create a code env with precise versions of visual ML libraries. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Herve
Level 4
Author

Hi @sergeyd,

Please note I followed instructions https://academy.dataiku.com/image-classification-with-visual-tools-open which, I believe, did not mention tensorboard version.

Which version of tensorboard should be used ? From the python code env I got

tensorboard==1.15.0 (which is, I believe, what you get by default when creating a dev env for Visual Deep Learning)

Thanks, Herve

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Herve 

Yes, the version is not mentioned in the academy but many users just install the packages manually without using predefined "Set of packages" hence getting different packages versions. So wanted to double-check. Yes, tensorboard should be 1.15 (same as tensorflow).

I have followed the steps in that article before and had no issues. Let me check it again. 

0 Kudos
Herve
Level 4
Author

Hi @sergeyd 

I tend not to fiddle with packages versions n my own. That's why I use Dataiku : I don't like that kind of manual tedious work, it generally means trouble and I don't have much time for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Yes, that's the best practice.

Back to the issue: I've followed the python code and it says: 

# To work, your web-app requires to run on a code-env with the following libraries installed:
# tensorflow==1.4.0
# flask==0.12.2

So please navigate the code env you have used for this webapp and set the next versions for the packages: 

tensorflow==1.4.0
tensorboard==1.4.0
flask==0.12.2

I just checked and can confirm this works. 

0 Kudos
Herve
Level 4
Author
0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Herve 

My bad, I haven't rebuilt the env so messed up with the package versions. Please make sure you have the next versions set: 

tensorflow==1.4.0
keras==2.3.1
keras-preprocessing==1.1.0
scikit-learn>=0.20,<0.21
scipy>=1.1,<1.2
statsmodels>=0.9,<0.10
jinja2>=2.10,<2.11
flask==0.12.2
h5py==2.7.1
pillow==5.1.0

and rebuild (check Rebuild env option) the code env. In this case, tensorflow will install tensorflow-tensorboard==0.4.0. 

Herve
Level 4
Author

Thanks @sergeyd, it worked. 

You might want to update https://academy.dataiku.com/image-classification-with-visual-tools-open/583580 too.

Thanks again, Herve

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Glad to hear this works for you.

Yes, we already working on updating the course. 

Labels

?
Labels (1)