Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

is there any way to create managed folder by using the python recipe?

Solved!
manhnam91
Level 2
is there any way to create managed folder by using the python recipe?

I know we can use a managed folder in the python recipe by using python API, but I don't know how to create a new managed folder by python.  in my case, I'm using Azure block storage as the connection for my managed folders, and I need to automatically create new managed folders when running the flow, for some business use-cases. Is there any way I can do this? many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
MarcH
Dataiker

Hello,

Yes, you can use the Python API to create a managed folder. From inside a Python recipe, you can do something like the following:

api_client = dataiku.api_client()
project = api_client.get_project("project key")
new_folder = project.create_managed_folder("managed folder name")

new_folder will be a handle to your newly created managed folder.

See here for more information about the create_managed_folder method: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/projects.html#dataikuapi.dss.project.DSSProject.create...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
manhnam91
Level 2
Author

it worked! thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarcH
Dataiker

Hello,

Yes, you can use the Python API to create a managed folder. From inside a Python recipe, you can do something like the following:

api_client = dataiku.api_client()
project = api_client.get_project("project key")
new_folder = project.create_managed_folder("managed folder name")

new_folder will be a handle to your newly created managed folder.

See here for more information about the create_managed_folder method: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/projects.html#dataikuapi.dss.project.DSSProject.create...

0 Kudos
manhnam91
Level 2
Author

it worked! thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜

0 Kudos