is there a way to easily locate charts ?

Solved!
Herve
Level 4
is there a way to easily locate charts ?

If not, may I suggest to add to the Project summary ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Herve, three possible ideas for you to consider:

For charts that you want to highlight or have an easy way of returning to, try saving them as insights. To do this, click the +Publish button while in the Charts tab. Then delete the dashboard suggested by default. Click "Create" to create the insight without adding it to a dashboard. Then you can navigate to the Insights tab (G+I) to see all insights for that project.

Another strategy is to just use the Details tab of the right sidebar. When you click on a dataset in the Flow (without opening it), if you pull up the Details view, all charts (including non-insights) will be listed.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.11.10 PM.png

One other possibility is that you could add a tag to datasets that have a chart, such as "with_chart". Then you can adjust the Flow View to Tags to see datasets with that matching tag.

Hope some of these strategies work for you!

Dataiku

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @Herve! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if youโ€™ve tried any fixes already?

In terms of your specific question, are you referring to the charts tab that is located in the dataset?

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 10.21.10 AM.png

Or am I misunderstanding your question completely?

Let us know and I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
Herve
Level 4
Author

For sure when you are in a recipe, there is no question it is easy to find the Chart tab ๐Ÿ˜‰

In complex flows, there are many many recipes, finding the right recipe where you started working on charts for "future dashboards" isn't that simple. 

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Herve, three possible ideas for you to consider:

For charts that you want to highlight or have an easy way of returning to, try saving them as insights. To do this, click the +Publish button while in the Charts tab. Then delete the dashboard suggested by default. Click "Create" to create the insight without adding it to a dashboard. Then you can navigate to the Insights tab (G+I) to see all insights for that project.

Another strategy is to just use the Details tab of the right sidebar. When you click on a dataset in the Flow (without opening it), if you pull up the Details view, all charts (including non-insights) will be listed.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.11.10 PM.png

One other possibility is that you could add a tag to datasets that have a chart, such as "with_chart". Then you can adjust the Flow View to Tags to see datasets with that matching tag.

Hope some of these strategies work for you!

Dataiku
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

@Herve One other strategy (and hat tip to @ChristinaH for recommending this) may be to create a global tag for charts and tag any dataset that has a chart so you can use the tags view.

Here are some resources you may also find useful for this:

I hope this all helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku