com.dataiku.common.server.APIError.APIErrorException : NumberFormatException: empty String

Solved!
AlexisBourdeau
Level 2
com.dataiku.common.server.APIError.APIErrorException : NumberFormatException: empty String

Hello !

I am new using Dataiku and try to upload some nice dataset on my local computer.

With small files, I have no issue,

but I try with a 50M file and I get this error

See screen

I tried to put

[javaopts]
backend.xmx = 6g

in install.ini but does not solve ths issue.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

1 Solution
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Can you confirm you get the exact same error with and without the "Preserve numbers formatting" option?

I understand you cannot share the data itself. Maybe can you share a screenshot of the preview screen?

If that does not work, you may want to convert the file to another format such as CSV.

Cheers,

Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, 

Could you please attach a diagnostic of the DSS instance (Administration > Maintenance > Diagnostic tool) and send us the resulting file? 

If the resulting file is too large for the community website (> 19 MB), you can use https://dl.dataiku.com to send it to us. Please don't forget to send the link that is generated when you upload the file.

Best,

Alex
AlexisBourdeau
Level 2
Author

Hello,

here is the file.

Thanks for the answer

0 Kudos
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for sending this. We can isolate the problem to this particular Excel file. Could you please refresh the dataset preview, playing with the "Preserve numbers formatting" option?

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 12.58.03.png

Once you have a valid preview,  you can retry the "Count of records" metric computation. If that does not work, we may need:

- a screenshot of the Format/preview page

- a full copy or sample of the Excel file for us to test

Hope it helps,

Alex

0 Kudos
AlexisBourdeau
Level 2
Author

hello,

I got the same error.

I cant provide you with the Excel file as it is a customer file.

However,

everything is fine if I test an extraction of the file,

but the whole file (50M), I get the error.

Do you have an idea ? size of the file vs my laptop config or instance config ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Can you confirm you get the exact same error with and without the "Preserve numbers formatting" option?

I understand you cannot share the data itself. Maybe can you share a screenshot of the preview screen?

If that does not work, you may want to convert the file to another format such as CSV.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
AlexisBourdeau
Level 2
Author

ok, it works as CSV.

thanks

0 Kudos