What is Shaker recipe?

Solved!
Marlan
What is Shaker recipe?

Hello all, I've seen references to Shaker recipes (it's all over the Achievements tab in the User Center) but am not clear on what this word refers to. Can someone define this for me?

Thanks!

Marlan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Marlan,

Shaker is an internal name for Prepare recipe. 

Regards

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Marlan,

Shaker is an internal name for Prepare recipe. 

Regards

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
tgb417

@Andrey ,

Can you share some more about this.  I've been intrested.

--Tom
0 Kudos
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Tom,

Actually, there's not much more to add than that Shaker is just a name we use as a synonym to Prepare recipe for historical reasons ๐Ÿ™‚ 

It doesn't rely on any python library with the same name as its implementation is fully custom.

We try not to use the internal slang outside so we'll fix the achievements page to be more clear.

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
tgb417

@Marlan 

It is my understanding that one of the underlying tools that the team at Datiku uses to create our visual recipes is Shaker.  There is not a lot I've found about it on the internet.  There was at one point a Yahoo group that discussed the topic.  (However, it is closed down, with all of the other Yahoo Group.)

I found this documentation that seems to be the right stuff.

However I would love to know more.

@adamnieto from some of your posts you may know something about this.

--Tom
adamnieto

@tgb417, exactly what Andrey said, I believe Shakers are just the name that Dataiku gives to the visual prepare recipe and processors. You may be referencing an old post where I as wondering if it would be possible for us to have a python API that wraps around the visual prepare/shaker recipes. That way we could make it even easier to translate between the visual programming language that clickers use (visual recipes) and a programming language like python.

Perhaps we could even construct a DSS project flow directly using python code maybe even outside of DSS.

Note: I think there has been some work on this from Dataiku with the datiaku python api library but haven't had the chance to play around with it.