Root path of the dataset AllTimeData does not exist

tasosventouris
Level 2
Root path of the dataset AllTimeData does not exist

Suddenly, while everything was working find, I started getting the following error when I create a new CSV dataset under managed_datasets

Root path does not exist

Error while connecting to dataset MOBILEAPPSRATINGSANALYTICS.AllTimeData, caused by: DataStoreIOException: Root path of the dataset AllTimeData does not exist

I checked the server and the folder there hasn't been created for the dataset AllTimeData. When I got to the Connections settings, everything looks fine. Also when I open the Dataset and go to Settings tab and then click on Test I get " Connection to data source succeeded".

I cannot build the datasets any more. Old datasets work fine. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CatalinaS
Dataiker

Can you try to perform a Force recursive rebuild to ensure the dataset and the dependencies are build?

6n8Xj5eFmibx6NRfJo4RLd7RdmpLASCB0Q.png

0 Kudos
tasosventouris
Level 2
Author

Sorry for not mentioning it. But I tried it and I get an error again. I get a different error, but I think it's the same reason.

I have a few hundreds of those lines in the logs

[INFO] [dku.flow.compute.prune] - * compute_AllTimeData_NP: Checking compute_AllTimeData_NP

And then, in the end 

Call failed
java.lang.StackOverflowError

0 Kudos
CatalinaS
Dataiker

The "StackOverflowError" means that your flow contains a loop. DSS does not support having cycles in the flow when doing a recursive build. With recursive builds, DSS compute the dependencies (inputs and outputs) of the recipes to determine which datasets must be rebuilt. Once the dependencies have been checked the recursive build is executed. If there is a loop in your flow, then the error message StackOverflowError will be thrown. To resolve this issue it is recommended to remove the loop from your flow.

0 Kudos