No option for files in folders

hisyam
Level 3
No option for files in folders

I'm trying to pull data from the Internal > Files from folders. From what I understand, this option should give me an option to choose existing folders within my server, right?

However, when I tried to click on the drop-down menu, it's not expanding anything.

Can someone assist me on this or explain why it's behaving as such? Am I missing out on something crucial before I can use the files from folders option?

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Turribeach

"From what I understand, this option should give me an option to choose existing folders within my server, right?" 

Sort of. The process works like this. First you create a file system connection which points to a specific  and existing folder in the OS. Then in your Flow you add a Managed Folder using the connection, which creates a folder inside your file system connection. Finally you use the Files in Folder dataset to point it to a Managed Folder and read files from it. Here is how it looks like logically:

File system connection => Managed Folder => Files in Folder

If you want to use an existing OS folder you can follow the same process as above and then inside your  new Managed Folder you can create a symlink to your existing folder so it will appear as it is nested inside your new Managed Folder.

0 Kudos