Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Is it possible to extract the trained model object in dataiku and use it in python recipe?

minliang1215
Level 1
Is it possible to extract the trained model object in dataiku and use it in python recipe?
In sklearn, we can dump the trained model object to a pickle object, and use it in other parts of the code after loading it. Is there an equivalent function in Dataiku? The only available actions I can see when I click on a trained model are predicting, scoring, evaluation and convert the training process to python code.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
UserBird
Dataiker

Hi,

Using the Dataiku API, you can retrieve the model and use it inside a python recipe.

Something like this will work:

import dataiku

m = dataiku.Model(my_model_id)

my_predictor = m.get_predictor()

The  predictor is a DSS object that allows you to apply the same pipeline as the visual model (preprocessing + scoring). If you want to retrieve the scikit-learn model itself, just add one more line:

my_clf = my_predictor.clf

You can find more information here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/api/python/saved_models.html

Cheers, 

Du

Labels

?
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku