How to set recipe container through dataikuapi

Solved!
fmonari
Level 2
How to set recipe container through dataikuapi

Hi,

I would like to change dynamically the container for the execution of a recipe through the dataikuapi-external-client. I could not find any referenece in the documentation.

How can I achieve that (if possible)?

Regards,

Filippo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi again,

In that case you will need to use the get_settings() method of the Recipe API, retrieve the existing parameters for container configuration, modify the dictionary in-place and finally call the save() method on the recipe settings handle. Here is a simplified example:

import dataikuapi
client = dataikuapi.DSSClient(host=HOST, api_key=API_KEY)
project = client.get_project(PROJECT_KEY)
recipe_settings = project.get_recipe(RECIPE_ID).get_settings()
recipe_advanced_params = recipe_settings.raw_params
recipe_advanced_params["containerSelection"]["containerMode"] = "EXPLICIT_CONTAINER"
recipe_advanced_params["containerSelection"]["containerConf"] = YOUR_CONTAINER_CONF_NAME

Of course this assumes that you already have an existing functioning containerized execution configuration in your instance's administration settings. 

Best,

Harizo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi Filippo,

Do you mean to programmatically change the "container configuration" settings for a given recipe ?

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
fmonari
Level 2
Author

Exactly. How can I do that? What methods in the DSSRecipe or DSSRecipeSettings classes should I use?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi again,

In that case you will need to use the get_settings() method of the Recipe API, retrieve the existing parameters for container configuration, modify the dictionary in-place and finally call the save() method on the recipe settings handle. Here is a simplified example:

import dataikuapi
client = dataikuapi.DSSClient(host=HOST, api_key=API_KEY)
project = client.get_project(PROJECT_KEY)
recipe_settings = project.get_recipe(RECIPE_ID).get_settings()
recipe_advanced_params = recipe_settings.raw_params
recipe_advanced_params["containerSelection"]["containerMode"] = "EXPLICIT_CONTAINER"
recipe_advanced_params["containerSelection"]["containerConf"] = YOUR_CONTAINER_CONF_NAME

Of course this assumes that you already have an existing functioning containerized execution configuration in your instance's administration settings. 

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos