Data source change

Solved!
emate
Level 5
Data source change

Hi Team,

Short, theorethical question - let's say I have a flow built where my datasource is connected via Amazon Redshift : Dataset -> SQL databases -> Amazon Redshift
Can I somehow easily change my input from this type connection to a file uploaded manually without rebuilding my flow?

Thanks

Mateusz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

You can open a recipe by double-clicking on it in the Flow screen.

I can see you have several recipes that depend on your Redshift dataset, so the process would need to be repeated for each one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @emate 

One way of doing this would be to:

- Create the filesystem dataset as per your needs.

- Open the recipes immediately after the Redshift dataset and go to Input/Output tab

- Modify the input, replacing the Redshift dataset with the newly created one. Repeat for any other recipe where the input is the Redshift dataset.

Assuming there are no changes in the schema or actual data, there would be no need to run it. However, when you save the recipe DSS will check whether the column types still match the expectation.

I hope this helps!

emate
Level 5
Author

Hi @Liev 

Thank you, I'm not sure how to "open the recipe immediately after the Redshift" part. Where should I open it?

Let's assume that I have the same structure in my local file as on Redshift.

Attached a screen with the 'starting part' of my flow.
I'm just looking a way to either replace the starting datasource or maybe I can easily copy the whole flow and connect it to a new datasource?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

You can open a recipe by double-clicking on it in the Flow screen.

I can see you have several recipes that depend on your Redshift dataset, so the process would need to be repeated for each one.

emate
Level 5
Author

Oh, I got it now sorry. I thought, I can somehow 'create' new recipe between my input and filter recipe ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks I will try it your way.

0 Kudos