Dashboard charts

Solved!
swapnilnavale63
Level 2
Dashboard charts

Hello ,

Is there any way to apply filter on all the charts  simultaneously, on the dashboard ? like I'm trying to make it interactive as we do in Power Bi or other BI tools.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @swapnilnavale63 ,

With the release of Dataiku 10, we've made dashboard filters available. Here's how:

1. Open a dashboard in edit mode
  2. Add a filter tile using the "+" icon
  3. Select the source of your filter (i.e. where you want the columns and values to come from)
  4. Select which columns you want to add as filters
  5. Save ๐Ÿ˜Ž

A dashboard filter tile will apply to all chart and dataset insights on a dashboard slide where shared columns have the same name and type.

For more info, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10, take a look at a hands-on tutorial, or browse the reference doc.

Enjoy,

Ashley

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ATsao
Dataiker

Hi swapnilnavale63,

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible in DSS but the ability to add global filters to dashboards is something that's already in our backlog. I will go ahead and append your use case/interest to this feature request though. 

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
swapnilnavale63
Level 2
Author

Yeah sure, Thank you for your reply!

0 Kudos
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @swapnilnavale63 ,

With the release of Dataiku 10, we've made dashboard filters available. Here's how:

1. Open a dashboard in edit mode
  2. Add a filter tile using the "+" icon
  3. Select the source of your filter (i.e. where you want the columns and values to come from)
  4. Select which columns you want to add as filters
  5. Save ๐Ÿ˜Ž

A dashboard filter tile will apply to all chart and dataset insights on a dashboard slide where shared columns have the same name and type.

For more info, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10, take a look at a hands-on tutorial, or browse the reference doc.

Enjoy,

Ashley