Column not detected as Date

Solved!
imransaiful17
Level 2
Column not detected as Date

Hi DataIKU Community.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue.

I uploaded an excel file into DataIKU and there 2 columns which i have already set in the excel file as Short Date. But when it is being imported into DataIKU, one of the column (column name Created) is not detected as Date. 

This is causing me problem as I am needed to perform the step 'Compute difference between dates' because the column Created is not detected as Date. Is there a way to solve this?

Refer attached picture of the two columns.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

you can add steps via the "add a new step" button on the lower left side, and search for "parse date" in there. The steps you get by right-clicking on the column headers are only suggestions that DSS think are most relevant for the column.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

DSS only considers dates in ISO8601 format natively. So you need to add "parse dates" steps on your columns before you can apply the compute time difference one.

0 Kudos
imransaiful17
Level 2
Author

Hi,

I dont have the parse date option in prep recipe on that particular column because it is not detecting the column as date. But as of now I am able to fix it by changing the column's format cells in Excel and reupload it.

0 Kudos
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

you can add steps via the "add a new step" button on the lower left side, and search for "parse date" in there. The steps you get by right-clicking on the column headers are only suggestions that DSS think are most relevant for the column.

imransaiful17
Level 2
Author

Hi,

Thank you very much! That actually resolves my issue! Have a great day!

0 Kudos