Change the structure of a file / Changer la structure d'un fichier

Solved!
DaitakuNapoleon
Level 2
Change the structure of a file / Changer la structure d'un fichier

Bonsoir ร  tous,

Good evening everyone,

Unfortunately I am blocked in my work.

Here, I would like to import data from an Excel file. However, the data structure does not suit me. So I would like to change it. Is it possible to perform this operation on Dataiku? I made a model of what I would like to do in Excel.

As you can see, I would like to differentiate the months, the years and create a "manager name" column. I tried to go through a "pivot" request but it doesn't seem to work, could you help me?

Je me permets de poster une question car je suis bloquรฉ dans mon travail.

Voilร , je souhaiterais importer des donnรฉes d'un fichier Excel. Cependant la structure des donnรฉes ne me convient pas. Je souhaiterais donc la changer. Est-il possible d'effectuer cette opรฉration sur Dataiku ? J'ai rรฉalisรฉ une maquette de ce que je souhaiterais faire sur Excel.

Comme vous pouvez le constater, je souhaiterais diffรฉrencier les mois, les annรฉes et crรฉer une colonne "manager name". J'ai essayรฉ de passer par une requรชte "pivot" mais cela ne semble pas fonctionner, pourriez-vous m'aider ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dimitri
Dataiker

Hi @DaitakuNapoleon ,

The "Fold columns" processor, which converts columns into lines, is what you're looking for.
The "Fold multiple columns" allows you to specify a list of columns to fold, or the "Fold multiple columns by pattern" allows you to define a pattern to automatically convert multiple columns in once.

Then, with a bit of cleaning, you can easily get the result you're looking for.

fold_processor.png

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dimitri
Dataiker

Hi @DaitakuNapoleon ,

The "Fold columns" processor, which converts columns into lines, is what you're looking for.
The "Fold multiple columns" allows you to specify a list of columns to fold, or the "Fold multiple columns by pattern" allows you to define a pattern to automatically convert multiple columns in once.

Then, with a bit of cleaning, you can easily get the result you're looking for.

fold_processor.png

Cheers!