Change chart title from insight

Solved!
hj
Level 2
Change chart title from insight

Is there a way to change the chart title in an insight? I know how to change the insight title so that the correct title shows up in the dashboard, but when you open the insight the chart title itself can't be edited.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Thanks for clarifying, so you are looking to change what in my example is  "Count by gender".

This is automatically generated based on the input and at this time can't be changed. However, I will log this feature request.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 19.05.18.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

Indeed there is no option to rename the insight that was created already created.

You can however copy the insight with the desired name and update any dashboards with the new insight and delete the previous insight as needed. 

0 Kudos
hj
Level 2
Author

That does change the title of the insight but it doesn't change the chart title inside the insight. So the person would still see the original chart title when they open the insight.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Thanks for clarifying, so you are looking to change what in my example is  "Count by gender".

This is automatically generated based on the input and at this time can't be changed. However, I will log this feature request.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 19.05.18.png

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

If you are just looking to rename the insight itself you don't actually need to copy it,  this can be done directly in the Summary tab by clicking on the pencil Icon the SAVE. 

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 19.20.20.png

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 19.20.03.png

0 Kudos
hop
Level 2

Hi,

Is it still not possible to change the chart title inside the insight?
This is also confusing since the title of the chart is being shown when you show the tooltip

0 Kudos