Automatically changing database connection from Design Node to Automation Node

dataikubest
Level 2
Automatically changing database connection from Design Node to Automation Node

I want to change database connection automatically once I create a bundle and deploy to Automation Node.

For instance, on design node, datasets are connected to snowflake_dev.

Once we make bundle and deployed to automation node, I want to change dataset connection to snowflake_prod.

I know that we can use project variable like this: {"dev_database":"snowflake_dev", "prod_database":"snowflake_prod"}.

But I want to know how to automatically change these connections once we deploy to Automation Node, instead of manually changing the connection of every dataset.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello @dataikubest ,

There is a specific feature in th Deployer that takes care of connections remapping.

You define the mappings in your Infrastructure and they are applied to all new deployments. If need be, you can also override or enrich that for each deployment.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 14.21.06.png

On the left side, you have the name of the connection has it exists in the bundle (and so on the Design node). On the right side, the connection that exists on the Automation node.

Deployer will take care of changing all datasets to the right connection during the deployment, and all further updates.

dataikubest
Level 2
Author

Thank you for the help! This is very helpful