Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Timeout for enqued trigger

Solved!
NN
Timeout for enqued trigger

Hi dataiku team,
I had a question on trigger that get enqued and squashed.

Suppose i have a scenario with triggers every day at 3pm , 4pm and 5pm.
Now if my 3pm Job is running and overflows the 4pm trigger and the 5pm trigger then i understand that the 4pm trigger gets squashed and the 5pm trigger is what remains in queue.

My question is how long is this trigger active for ?
i.e. suppose my job continued to run till 9pm will the 5pm trigger run the scenario after 9 or does it get timed out ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @NN ,

This is a very good question, so "max queuing time" is 10% of the normal delay between runs.

For a daily scenario, it means that the scenario will only catch up if it can start within 2 hours and 24 minutes of its initially planned running time.

For the hourly scenario, it will only run if it can start within  6 min of the planned start time.   Otherwise, it will be squashed. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @NN ,

This is a very good question, so "max queuing time" is 10% of the normal delay between runs.

For a daily scenario, it means that the scenario will only catch up if it can start within 2 hours and 24 minutes of its initially planned running time.

For the hourly scenario, it will only run if it can start within  6 min of the planned start time.   Otherwise, it will be squashed. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

0 Kudos
NN
Author

Hi @AlexT 
As always thanks for your prompt reply. if i could disturb you for one more thing, 
how would this timeout apply for other triggers. like Triggers on Dataset/Folder change ?

0 Kudos