Installing additional Python versions on MacOS Ventura

Turribeach
Installing additional Python versions on MacOS Ventura

So I wanted to install additional Python versions on my MacMini M2 on MacOS Ventura 13.6. Tried many different options installating Python using package managers, manually building source, etc and none of them worked when I tried to create Dataiku code environments or failed before that.

The following is what worked for me in the end:

From https://www.python.org/downloads/macos/ download the macOS 64-bit universal2 installer for the main Python version you want. Dataiku v12 comes with Python 3.7 so you can add 3.8, 3.9, 3.10 and 3.11. Note that you will not always find an universal2 installer for the latest release so find the latest one available. Install the relevant Python version using the installer as per the defaults. Versions will be installed under /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions. Symlinks will be created under /usr/local/bin/. Finally restart the Dataiku Launcher and create your Dataiku Code environments as usual.

In hindsight the most straight forward solution worked but MacOS is a different beast and a lot of times manual installations are needed as well as using package managed like brew. 

0 Replies

Labels

?
Labels (3)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku