Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Dataiku in Ubuntu instance in Google Cloud Platform is not working

Solved!
Sam648
Level 2
Dataiku in Ubuntu instance in Google Cloud Platform is not working

Hi, 

I am trying to install DSS on ubuntu instance in GCP. I followed this "install Documentation page" and everything went well. I was able to start DSS from command line. However, when i try to connect DSS in web browser, i get "This site canโ€™t be reached" error. 

I entered the following address:

http://HOSTNAME:11000  where HOSTNAME is the external ip of GCP instance and Port is 11000.

Why am I not able to connect to DSS in web browser and what do i have to do different in Google Cloud Platform

Below is the image, i got when the installation was done. I was able to start DSS.

Regards, 

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jbelafa
Dataiker

Hi 

This looks like a firewall issue to me. it's required to open DSS port  for external sources as 

You can quickly open it from you GCP Console  by : 

- Going to your VM in Google compute engine and open your instance details

- edit your VM  and add a tag dedicated to DSS (you will need it to define network rules )  for example  dku-dss  and save. 

-  In your instance details , from the network interface section, open your network interface 

- add the firewall  rule that allows  port 11000 from your IP address , and  set the tag dku-dss as target for your rule  and save it. 

If you still can't access to DSS, check also your VM local firewall (ufw by default )  if this one is  active , you will have to allow DSS port  with this command:

sudo ufw allow 11000

Note that if you use a regular ssh client  to access your machine you can also create a  tunnel to access  your DSS for testing purpose . from your terminal you would have to run

ssh user@$yourGCPmachiner -L 11000:localhost:11000

Once your connection is established you can go to your browser and  access to DSS using  url http://localhost:11000. 

Beware that the recommended action is to open your GCP  firewall and your virtual machine firewall. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jbelafa
Dataiker

Hi 

This looks like a firewall issue to me. it's required to open DSS port  for external sources as 

You can quickly open it from you GCP Console  by : 

- Going to your VM in Google compute engine and open your instance details

- edit your VM  and add a tag dedicated to DSS (you will need it to define network rules )  for example  dku-dss  and save. 

-  In your instance details , from the network interface section, open your network interface 

- add the firewall  rule that allows  port 11000 from your IP address , and  set the tag dku-dss as target for your rule  and save it. 

If you still can't access to DSS, check also your VM local firewall (ufw by default )  if this one is  active , you will have to allow DSS port  with this command:

sudo ufw allow 11000

Note that if you use a regular ssh client  to access your machine you can also create a  tunnel to access  your DSS for testing purpose . from your terminal you would have to run

ssh user@$yourGCPmachiner -L 11000:localhost:11000

Once your connection is established you can go to your browser and  access to DSS using  url http://localhost:11000. 

Beware that the recommended action is to open your GCP  firewall and your virtual machine firewall. 

Regards, 

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku