Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Tag groups in Discussion

We are working on setting standards for collaboration and one of those is code reviews. I was thinking of using the Discussion for initiating a code review. But it would be really helpful, rather than having to go through each individual user on a team, to be able to @ a group and have it notify the whole team to go in to perform a peer review.

3 Comments

I +1 your idea.  I'd also include an @project to select all folks related to a project, and @instance for all folks who have access to a particular design node.  Maybe also an @wiki and @dashboard would also be helpful.

--Tom

I +1 your idea.  I'd also include an @project to select all folks related to a project, and @instance for all folks who have access to a particular design node.  Maybe also an @wiki and @dashboard would also be helpful.

AshleyW
Dataiker

Thanks for your idea, @pilotjohn4 . Your idea meets the criteria for submission!

Might you provide details on how you'd like to define these groups? Or other places in DSS where having this type of assign/share/talk to group concept would be useful?

If you’re reading this and think being able to tag groups in DSS discussions would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post!

Take care,

Ashley

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @pilotjohn4 . Your idea meets the criteria for submission!

Might you provide details on how you'd like to define these groups? Or other places in DSS where having this type of assign/share/talk to group concept would be useful?

If you’re reading this and think being able to tag groups in DSS discussions would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post!

Take care,

Ashley

pilotjohn4
Level 2

Hi there,

I like the discussions area. This would be the core place I can see the group tag being most useful. @ works for users, Maybe ! can be for groups that are defined in the groups section under Security settings. I do also like @tgb417 's idea to also allow tagging of projects for projects that may be related. % could trigger a project. $ could be for wiki.

An additional place that discussions would be really helpful would be in the Bundle screen under a new tab for Collaborate (see screenshot for example placement). This would allow developers to collaborate on a specific bundle and tag a person or group and request feedback/code review by tagging a person or group. Then each person could go in and review a specific bundle and leave feedback or notes.

bundle.png

Hi there,

I like the discussions area. This would be the core place I can see the group tag being most useful. @ works for users, Maybe ! can be for groups that are defined in the groups section under Security settings. I do also like @tgb417 's idea to also allow tagging of projects for projects that may be related. % could trigger a project. $ could be for wiki.

An additional place that discussions would be really helpful would be in the Bundle screen under a new tab for Collaborate (see screenshot for example placement). This would allow developers to collaborate on a specific bundle and tag a person or group and request feedback/code review by tagging a person or group. Then each person could go in and review a specific bundle and leave feedback or notes.

bundle.png