Make streamlit webapp a default choice

Hi,

I am not sure why streamlit is tied to code studios.  Why not just make it a default code-based webapp choice like below?  Where the user can use the code environment configured within the project.

thx

dataiku_streamlit_webapp_idea.png

5 Comments
info-rchitect
Level 6

Dataiku Folks,

Please take this as constructive criticism.

Can someone please help me better understand the value of Code Studios?  From my experience, all they currently provide is:

• More interaction with my IT department (nice folks, but I don't want to file a ticket very time i want a different Streamlit Code Studio template)
  • Inability to use Streamlit versions that are not compatible with Python 3.7, which Streamlit itself does not support Python 3.7
  •  

All I would like to see is the exact same implementation for Streamlit as was done for DASH and Shiny.  

thx in advance

• dataiku_streamlit_versions_python3p7.png

Dataiku Folks,

Please take this as constructive criticism.

Can someone please help me better understand the value of Code Studios?  From my experience, all they currently provide is:

• More interaction with my IT department (nice folks, but I don't want to file a ticket very time i want a different Streamlit Code Studio template)
  • Inability to use Streamlit versions that are not compatible with Python 3.7, which Streamlit itself does not support Python 3.7
  •  

All I would like to see is the exact same implementation for Streamlit as was done for DASH and Shiny.  

thx in advance

• dataiku_streamlit_versions_python3p7.png
Emiel_Veersma
Level 3

I second this. Would be really helpful.

I second this. Would be really helpful.

raniachk
Level 1

I also second this 🙂 

I also second this 🙂 

schang
Level 2

Has there been any update to this issue? Also struggling to collaborate with multiple users

Has there been any update to this issue? Also struggling to collaborate with multiple users

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @info-rchitect,

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog, and we are determining next steps. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates!

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku developing and releasing this feature! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
Ashley

Status changed to: Considered

Hi @info-rchitect,

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog, and we are determining next steps. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates!

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku developing and releasing this feature! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
Ashley