Enable discussions in the API Designer

0 Kudos

As part of our governance / documentation, we use the discussions functionality to track questions raised, answers given and assumptions made on different aspects for the project.

Most notably, to perform code reviews.

The contents of these discussions are then later imported into a Wiki template through macros to have a record of these peer reviews.

However, this functionality does not exist in the API Designer where code reviews are also very much needed for python based endpoints. Therefore, we can't use the same method for code reviews done on the API Designer.

Would it be possible to also add the Discussion functionality in the API Designer?

2 Comments
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello @Antal ,

thanks for your feedback. Indeed, this is a missing capabilities for API packages compared to other objects. I have just added it to the backlog, I will let you know if/when more visibility can be shared on doing it.

Have a great day

Status changed to: In Backlog

Hello @Antal ,

thanks for your feedback. Indeed, this is a missing capabilities for API packages compared to other objects. I have just added it to the backlog, I will let you know if/when more visibility can be shared on doing it.

Have a great day

Thanks for considering it!

Thanks for considering it!