Adding multiple datasets in one step to "Data Collections"

This is an idea to improve the new data catalog interface, specifically when building a new data collection, as released in version 12.0.0:

• Allow the publication of multiple selected datasets into a data collection.

Currently, creating a data collection requires adding the datasets one by one.

5 Comments
ktgross15
Dataiker

Thanks for the feedback @Ignacio_Toledo !

Adding multiple datasets at once is actually something we are already working on, so I'm glad to hear it is of interest! We will follow up when we have a more detailed update for you.

Just so we can more cleanly track things, whenever you have a free minute, if you could submit "Allow adding a data steward to multiple selected datasets" as a separate product idea (and edit the description above to focus it just on adding multiple datasets at once), that would be awesome 🙂 

This way, we can 1) track the # of requests for each of these items individually, and 2) update statuses individually. 

Thanks!

Katie

Status changed to: Developing

Thanks for the feedback @Ignacio_Toledo !

Adding multiple datasets at once is actually something we are already working on, so I'm glad to hear it is of interest! We will follow up when we have a more detailed update for you.

Just so we can more cleanly track things, whenever you have a free minute, if you could submit "Allow adding a data steward to multiple selected datasets" as a separate product idea (and edit the description above to focus it just on adding multiple datasets at once), that would be awesome 🙂 

This way, we can 1) track the # of requests for each of these items individually, and 2) update statuses individually. 

Thanks!

Katie

I'll do that Katie! Thanks!

I'll do that Katie! Thanks!

I think this one can be marked as "Delivered". Thank you @ktgross15, all!

I think this one can be marked as "Delivered". Thank you @ktgross15, all!

ktgross15
Dataiker

Yes, I missed this! Thanks @Ignacio_Toledo , and for anyone else reading, confirming that this was released in 12.2.0 🙂

Yes, I missed this! Thanks @Ignacio_Toledo , and for anyone else reading, confirming that this was released in 12.2.0 🙂

ktgross15
Dataiker

Status changed to: Released