input datasets for visual application

Natalia
Level 1
input datasets for visual application

I went through tutorial about converting the project into visual application. In the tutorial the instructor created a tile to upload file in dataset (for example csv). Is it possible to define different type of input dataset, for example the user has its HDFS dataset prepared (elephant dataset ๐Ÿ™‚ )? I want to create a flexible application where user inputs HDFS dataset (any dataset that has the structure required for the analysis)  and has some analysis running automatically. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Natalia,

Apologies for the delay on your post. I think you can accomplish this by using the "Select dataset files" tile option instead of the "Upload file in dataset" option that the tutorial uses: 

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 3.10.08 PM.png

The Select dataset files option will allow the user modify the configuration to point to any file within a configured Filesystem dataset. 

For example, I have a project that contains an HDFS dataset:

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 3.20.26 PM.png

In my application designer, I add a tile of the type "Select dataset files" configured to my current HDFS dataset:

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 3.23.24 PM.png

Then the user will be able to select any filesystem dataset on the connection of the configured dataset. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this approach!

Thank you,
Sarinaโ€ƒ

0 Kudos