Sharepoint plugin - connection succesfull but fails anyway

SanderVW
Level 3
Sharepoint plugin - connection succesfull but fails anyway

Hello,

I am trying to set up a connection between Dataiku and SharePoint using the SharePoint plugin. I want to use the SharePoint Online Site App Permissions method and have configured a preset with the (as far as I can tell) correct settings. When I attempt to build a SharePoint dataset using this preset however, it gives the following error after attempting to connect for 3 minutes:

Error while connecting to dataset PROJECTNAME.DATASETNAME, caused by: SocketBlockLinkKernelException: Failed to init FS provider : <class 'json.decoder.JSONDecodeError'> : Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I also see the following in the activity log while trying to connect:

[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  -   arg_count = len(inspect.getargspec(clazz.__init__).args)
[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (1)
[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:14:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (2)
[14:14:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:14:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:15:11] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (3)
[14:15:11] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:15:11] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:15:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (4)
[14:15:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:15:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:16:12] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (5)
[14:16:12] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:16:12] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:16:42] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (6)
[14:16:42] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:16:42] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'

I'm unsure as to why this happens as I can see the connection is succesful and authorized within the Azure application sign-in logs. 

What could be the cause of this? And how would I be able to establish a connection correctly? I already talked with our Azure administrators and confirmed that it is set up correctly on the Azure/SharePoint side so I think it can only be something with the way it is configured at the Dataiku side but am at a loss...

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexB
Dataiker

Hi ,

Looking at the logs, it would seem you are using a rather old version of the plugin (1.0.9 or earlier ?). The first thing to do would be to update it. If the problem remains, I would strongly suggest to open a ticket with the support. They will guide you on how to retrieve the appropriate log files and send them to us securely, so that we can investigate the issue.

0 Kudos
SanderVW
Level 3
Author

Hello, the plugin version was indeed quite old (1.0.8) but updating it to the most recent version unfortunately did not help. 

We are getting a new message now (also just prior to updating, so it's unclear what changed):
Failed to stat path '' : <class 'sharepoint_client.SharePointClientError'> : Error (get_files): Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Checking with Azure administrators showed that access is still sucessfull so it seems to still be Dataiku related (which wuold be weird but it really seems like it)

0 Kudos