Help Shape the Future of Dataiku Join our User Research Program

Python environment creation failed (time-series forecast)

onurmtc
Level 1
Level 1
Python environment creation failed (time-series forecast)

Hi,

When I try to set up the time series forecast plugin I get the following error. I tried to re-create and update by rebuild env but still unsolved.

Thank you for all your help already.

Screenshot 2021-05-10 103905.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

Could please try to installing the following dependencies and try rebuilding the env again. 

For yum (CentOS, RHEL...):

sudo yum install python3-devel

For Ubuntu : 

sudo apt-get install python3-dev 

0 Kudos
xavme
Level 2

Hello, I also have trouble creating the environment, i've attached the error log. i've tried running 

but it is already correctly installed. 

first error in the attached file is (see complete error log in attachment):

Collecting ujson~=1.35  Using cached ujson-1.35.tar.gz (192 kB)  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:   command: /home/dataiku/dss_data/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-forecast_managed_2/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-q4i56dyb/ujson_17183858bf5345b5b96d93bbf012e266/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-q4i56dyb/ujson_17183858bf5345b5b96d93bbf012e266/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-pt2h5zzq       cwd: /tmp/pip-install-q4i56dyb/ujson_17183858bf5345b5b96d93bbf012e266/  Complete output (12 lines):  running bdist_wheel  running build  running build_ext  building 'ujson' extension  creating build  creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.6  creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.6/python  creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.6/libCollecting hijri-converter  Downloading hijri_converter-2.1.3-py3-none-any.whl (14 kB)Collecting korean-lunar-calendar  Using cached korean_lunar_calendar-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (8.0 kB)Building wheels for collected packages: ujson  Building wheel for ujson (setup.py): started  Building wheel for ujson (setup.py): finished with status 'error'  Running setup.py clean for ujsonFailed to build ujson

do you have any idea how to solve this?

thanks

Xavier

0 Kudos
xavme
Level 2

Hello, 

does anyone has an idea to solve this issue? 

thanks!

Xavier

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi Xavier, 

Looking at the error it seems like the gcc compiler is failing to install ujson.

It could be a bug in the kernel that looks similar to : 

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python3.6/+bug/1768644

Suggests a workaround would be to run :

sudo apt-get install -y dpkg-dev

Let me know if that helps. 

0 Kudos
xavme
Level 2

Hello @AlexT ,

thank you for your answer; it really looks like the issue you're mentioning and I tried your command. 

I still have the bug, which seems to be around the build of the wheel for ujson which is failing for some reason

Building wheel for ujson (setup.py): started  Building wheel for ujson (setup.py): finished with status 'error'  Running setup.py clean for ujson  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/python3.7-7jazGd/python3.7-3.7.11=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -g -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/python3.7-7jazGd/python3.7-3.7.11=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I./python -I./lib -I/home/dataiku/dss_data/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-forecast_managed_5/include -I/usr/include/python3.7m -c ./python/ujson.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.7/./python/ujson.o -D_GNU_SOURCE  In file included from ./python/ujson.c:39:  ./python/py_defines.h:39:10: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory     39 | #include <Python.h>        |          ^~~~~~~~~~  compilation terminated.  error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1  ----------------------------------------  ERROR: Failed building wheel for ujson

(i have attached the complete error log as attachment)

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to work; any other suggestion? 

thank you, I really appreciate the help!

Xavier

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

The error "fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory " suggests that python-devel is not installed.

Can you try re-running :

Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install python-dev

For yum (CentOS, RHEL...):

sudo yum install python-devel 
sudo yum install python3-devel 

0 Kudos
xavme
Level 2

Hello @AlexT 

they are already installed: 

sudo apt-get install python-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'python-dev-is-python2' instead of 'python-dev'
python-dev-is-python2 is already the newest version (2.7.17-4).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python3-dev is already the newest version (3.8.2-0ubuntu2).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

So the python3-dev version is 3.8. The logs show the code env is using Python 3.6. 

Can you try installing python3.6-dev :

sudo apt-get install -y python3.6-dev

If that does not work you will need to add the following repository :

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:deadsnakes/ppa

If that does not resolve the issue can you please confirm :

1) exact OS version

2) How python 3.6 was installed

xavme
Level 2

Hello @AlexT 

actually even if sudo apt-get install python3-dev was already installed,  i looked on the internet for answers regarding your specific comment, and i found a solution:

"sudo apt-get install python3.6-dev" did it!

i'm not sure why the "sudo apt-get install python3-dev" wasn't sufficient, but I was able to build the environment successfully

thanks a lot for helping!

Xavier

A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS