Naming Conventions Settings

Solved!
adamnieto
Naming Conventions Settings

Hello, I was wondering if there is any existing feature in dataiku that helps enforce standard naming conventions for datasets and visual recipes?

I was thinking about creating a plugin that can check for this if there is not already a feature buried in the DSS backend system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As of today, there is no feature to enforce a naming conventions for items (datasets, recipes...) on the flow. We will take it under advisement.

As far as I know, there are no existing plugins on this subject. It seems possible to create one macro component plugin that run checks but does not prevent the creation. There is another plugin component that can prevent the creation but much harder to implement: Custom Policy Hooks. This is the component used for the GDPR plugin.

Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As of today, there is no feature to enforce a naming conventions for items (datasets, recipes...) on the flow. We will take it under advisement.

As far as I know, there are no existing plugins on this subject. It seems possible to create one macro component plugin that run checks but does not prevent the creation. There is another plugin component that can prevent the creation but much harder to implement: Custom Policy Hooks. This is the component used for the GDPR plugin.

Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku
adamnieto
Author

Hi Jeremy,

I will take a look. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos