Time series preparation: STL import error

raphanash
Level 2
Time series preparation: STL import error

Hi there,

I am working on a multivariate analysis of a time series dataset containing various commodity prices. 

image (6).png

 After preparing the dataset, it consists of:

• a parsed date, "Data_parsed"
  • 63 other columns of various commodity prices and indexes ranging from Fuels and Beverages to Metals

I am using the Time Series Preparation Plugin to resample the dataset- this is so that I can carry out a Kwiatkowski-Phillips-Schmidt-Shin test which requires a constant, regular time step for results to be correct.

However, I've received a class "ImportError" when STL is imported from "statsmodels.tsa.seasonal". 

Here is the setup containing the error:

image (6) copy.png

For my details, here is the error log:

image (6) copy 2.png

image (6) copy 3.png

Not sure if this requires a simple importing fix using a "pip install statsmodels" command or if there is another cause behind the error. 

I am using the free version of Dataiku DSS, version 11.3.2. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @raphanash,

Please try using this (add to your code env and select update):

statsmodels==0.12.1

Thanks!

Jordan

0 Kudos
raphanash
Level 2
Author

many thanks! 

In admin settings, I can't see any code environments.

Do I need to create an environment and upload it to DSS or should there be an existing environment with basic packages to which I can add "statsmodels==0.12.1"?

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @raphanash,

It sounds like you may need your DSS administrator to create a code environment for you or give you permission to create and/or manage a code env in order to add this package. 

Create new code env (Administration > Code Envs):

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 2.06.02 PM.png

Add package under "packages to install":

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 2.06.36 PM.png

Thanks!

Jordan

0 Kudos
raphanash
Level 2
Author

Hi,  

I've added the statsmodels package to "packages to install", but I've encountered this error (below). DSS automatically added the required packages for Visual ML on top of statsmodels. 

I am running python 3.10. 

image (6).png

I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
raphanash
Level 2
Author

Tried again without the additional packages, the same error appears.

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @raphanash,

Please try rebuilding the code environment from the plugins page (it should be based on python3.6). Select plugins > Installed > Time Series Preparation > Change or Dissociate code environment. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 3.50.46 PM.png

This will automatically add the packages that you need to the code env.

If you receive an error, please send a list of the packages that are installed in the new managed code env as well as the error message.

Thanks!

Jordan 

0 Kudos
raphanash
Level 2
Author

Hi,

Do I need to have python 3.6 installed for this to work?

I haven't been able to build the environment, perhaps I am using an incorrect python implementation:

image (8).png

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @raphanash,

According to your logs, you do have Python 3.7 installed as well, however, you need Python 3.6 installed to build this managed code env: https://github.com/dataiku/dss-plugin-timeseries-preparation/blob/master/code-env/python/desc.json#L...

Once you've installed Python 3.6 on your host machine and added it to your path, please restart DSS.  

Thanks,

Jordan

0 Kudos
raphanash
Level 2
Author

Hi there, everything works perfectly now!

Many thanks for your help.