Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Getting an issue while reading excel file using "dkuManagedFolderDownloadPath" function of dataiku

shashankmittal
Level 2
Getting an issue while reading excel file using "dkuManagedFolderDownloadPath" function of dataiku

Hi Team
I am trying to read an excel file from the managed folder in the dataiku which is of "Server's Filesystem" type and reading files from "filesystem_root".

folder_specs.pngNow, I am trying to read an excel file which is present in this managed folder using the below R code and getting an attached error. 

folder_name <- "DXbBXaww"

path_to_folder<- "/Input/app/"

data_path <- dkuManagedFolderDownloadPath(folder_name ,paste0(path_to_folder,"file_name.xlsx"))

data <- read.xlsx(data_path ,sheet ="model_applicability")

read_excel_error.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CatalinaS
Dataiker

Below is an example code that shows how to read an Excel file from a local managed folder:

library(dataiku)
library(xlsx)

folder_name <- "hRJwLbQS"
path <- dkuManagedFolderPath(folder_name)
data <- read.xlsx(paste0(path,"/xl2.xlsx"), sheetName="Sheet1")

print(data)

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 19.32.22.png

0 Kudos
shashankmittal
Level 2
Author

Hi @CatalinaS 

Thanks for the response!

I have also tried with the solution which you have provided but getting an attached error and also I have verified the path which I am providing and its also looking fine.

excel_error_with_old_func.png

Please consider the below configuration of my managed folder.

Managed Folder Configuration:

- Managed Folder Type: Server's file system 

- Source: filesystem_root 

Thank you in advance for your attention to this issue. Please let me know if you require any additional information.

0 Kudos
CatalinaS
Dataiker

The error indicates that the file is not found at the location /data/dataiku/dss_data/config/projects/.../DS Module/Input/app.

You need to check if the path is correct and the Excel file exists at that location.

0 Kudos