Convert/Transform 'Money Value'

SuzanneD
Level 2
Convert/Transform 'Money Value'

Hello, i am importing a column into a project, from Excel. The column is coming in as 'Money Value' ie: $12,000.00

I'm trying to convert or transform the values to a number (decimal, etc). I've researched but haven't been able to find a method.  I'd like to include this in my Dataiku workflow and not have to reformat in Excel every month.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Turribeach

I can't reproduce what your problem is. I have an Excel spreadsheet with a money value and when I import the document in Dataiku I can see problem values in my column. What exactly do you get? And  does your Excel document has proper numbers or just a string with the number? (ie try summing your column in Excel, does it give you a result?)

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 18.24.15.pngScreenshot 2024-01-26 at 18.23.49.png

0 Kudos
SuzanneD
Level 2
Author

Thank you.  My apologies, the file i'm importing is .csv - not .xls which maybe my problem (as i haven't had this before).

the column format is Currency values are such as 26383.93

0 Kudos
Turribeach

CSV files don't have column format. Can you post a sample CSV file with a few dummy records? (you can manually anonimise all privata data). And I still don't understand what your actual issue is. Please post screen shots of your dataset and what you think it's wrong with it.

0 Kudos