Ask Me Anything Guidelines

Hi Private Beta participants! Hopefully you have enjoyed your first glimpses of our new community platform - now let's show you the kind of thing we intend to do with it! Starting very soon there will be our first 'Ask Me Anything' (or AMA) session with @Clément_Stenac - and just in case you don't know what that means here are some guidelines about what they are and how you can take part this time and next!

AMA Guidelines

What’s going on?

Every now and again we will be hosting AMAs on the Dataiku Community. If you are not familiar with the term AMA it stands for ‘Ask Me Anything’ and it is just how it sounds! Someone, often a Dataiker,  will make themselves available to feed your curiosity about ... anything! Over a set period users will be able to submit questions and our generous volunteer (or volunteers) will do their best to answer them all. Please note that doing their best might not always mean they get to every question, we do keep them busy on other work after all!

Each AMA will have a thread announcing it and giving you all the details; who's taking part, when the start and end of the AMA will be, what kind of topics are open for questions (which might be a nice simple ‘anything’) and so on. Be sure to check out the thread for the AMA you want to take part in to stay nice and informed about exactly what’s going on!

How can I take part?

Very simple: ask questions. We want to answer your questions and that’s a lot easier if you ask them! 

To make it easier for us to keep track of which questions are a part of the AMA we will ask you to post your questions in a specific place. Please refer to the AMA announcement thread to find out where that place is for each specific AMA. 

Ideally keep your questions on topic of the AMA you are taking part in - sometimes we will throw the doors open to all kinds of questions but in other cases we don’t want questions about Kubernetes (fascinating as they might be) distracting us in an AMA about something else entirely.

Beyond that all we ask is that your contributions fall  within ourDataiku Community Guidelines. So with all that said - go forth and ask!

Sample Questions

Not sure what to ask? Here are a few examples to get you started!

• What simple mistakes in Dataiku DSS do you find most common?  
  • Which DSS use case are you most proud of?
  • What’s your ideal plug-in for Dataiku DSS? 
  • What’s your dream new feature?
  • What’s been the most impactful feature addition to Dataiku DSS? 
  • What’s the greatest challenge facing the data science industry? 
Share:
Version history
Publication date:
08-01-2020 10:54 AM
Version history
Last update:
‎01-08-2020 11:54 AM
Updated by:
Contributors