Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Tutorial fails to move forward on Jupyter Notebook Create Recipe

Solved!
webzest
Level 2
Tutorial fails to move forward on Jupyter Notebook Create Recipe

I am following the Tutorial for R and ran into a dead-end event from this link:

https://academy.dataiku.com/r-and-dataiku-dss/506859

When I click on "From within the notebook, click Create Recipe > R recipe."  Nothing happened.  No window, just nothing.  Did I forget to perform a step?  All the previous steps worked, but this step just does nothing.

1 Solution
tgb417

Also what version of R are you running with.  There have been several reports of problems with R V4 over the past few days.

--Tom

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tgb417

@webzest 

A super basic question.  Have you installed the R-Extension in your DSS instance?

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/r.html

Historically this has been needed to get things working?  I know that this has tripped me up in the past.

--Tom

--Tom

--Tom
0 Kudos
webzest
Level 2
Author

Yes,  I did run through the R Integration Step and was able to get past the first Notebook, then the next tutorial directs me to click on the Create Recipe to generate a new recipe from the notebook that I am working on and that is wehn I do not get a response from the click.  it does nothing.

CreateRerroe.jpg

Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @webzest, that is odd.  What version of DSS are you running and what OS is DSS running on?

0 Kudos
tgb417

Also what version of R are you running with.  There have been several reports of problems with R V4 over the past few days.

--Tom
webzest
Level 2
Author

I was able to get this resolved by using Administration to create a new R environment and installing all the necessary packages.

Alex_Reutter
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks for reporting your solution @webzest ; that could help someone else who runs into the same issue.

0 Kudos
JBLAIR_SLB
Level 1

Have encountered the same problem.

On V 8.0.2 in the Basics of R in Dataiku DSS tutorial. The Jupyter notepad in the lab environment does not have code samples and does not create a recipe.

I used administrator to create a new R environment, and updated the Jupyter Support. No luck unfortunately...Was only when I moved to home page and returned to the notepad that I had the option of code samples and a working 'create recipe'. Maybe a bug?

0 Kudos