Try out our NEW Quick Start Programs today!

NancyK
Community Manager
Community Manager
1 min read 4 11 26.3K

tile-image.1614349319.png

The Dataiku Academy team is proud to announce the launch of our Dataiku Quick Start Programs.

The quick start programs are one hour persona-based tutorials geared towards users who are new to Dataiku DSS and who are looking to get onboarded on its core features fast, by walking through a sample use case. 

• The AI Consumer quick start is meant for business users who will be consuming insights in Dataiku DSS, and want to learn how to use dashboards, apps, and other visualization and collaboration features
  • The Business Analyst quick start will walk through advanced data analytics and autoML operations with Dataiku DSS’s visual point-and-click interface. 
  • The Data Engineer quick start will focus on data connections, data cleansing with both code and visual recipes, and using automation features such as metrics and checks to monitor data quality.
  • The Data Scientist quick start will walk users through the Dataiku DSS features for coders, including Jupyter notebooks, code recipes, building and monitoring machine learning models, and more.

To get started, just select the quick start that best corresponds to your profile and register for it on the Academy. Alternatively, you can also access the quick starts without logging in on the Dataiku Knowledge Base.

We hope you enjoy the quick start programs!

Labels

?
11 Comments
JT
Level 1

Doesn't work...

I started with the Business Analyst Quick Start course. 

First step failed: Launch a new project - selecting Dss Tutorials > Quick Start > isn't available.  Can't get to the Quick Start option.   Only the Basic Courses are available.  Not sure why the Quick Start courses aren't available.

Frustrating...

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @JT sorry to hear about that. Are you using the current version of DSS? Can you confirm your browser type and OS as well? The reason I ask is that I just tried creating the project on the Community Version on the latest version (9.0.3) on my Mac and had no issues.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 9.00.20 PM.png

I can understand how frustrating this must be so narrowing the scope  will help us replicate what may be the cause of this issue for you.

Dominic
Level 1

Thank you for the nice Quick Starts.

I have an air-gapped env, so I can not download the tutorials from the DSS interface. Where are the download links to the projects templates? Especially Data Scientist Quick Start (Tutorial)?

Thank you,

Dominic

SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dominic , if you can't access the internet on your DSS instance, you can download them from the downloads site. Look for QS_DATASCI in this case.

Angelo
Level 3

Hi @CoreyS, I have a similar issue and having checked my version, I'm running n 8.0.1 version so I assume I'll need to download the latest image (using VirtualBox)? Cool I'll give it a go and confirm if everything worked fine.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Angelo, as referenced in the Quick Start, you will need access to a Dataiku DSS instance (version 9.0 or above) in order to complete the quick starts.

In terms of version please feel free to complete this with the 14 day free trial of Dataiku Online. You should be able to complete the course well before the end of the trial date.

I hope this helps!

Angelo
Level 3

Thank you and noted. Quick question - I've managed to load up and log in to 9.0.1 env but can now see the Quick Start Guides which is great. One thing I can't see are the previous projects I setup as part of 8.0.1. Would you know how I can import them? Or just keep them separate and start from scratch with 9.0.1? 

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

@Angelo can you confirm how you upgraded your version? Usually when you upgrade you shouldn't lose your existing projects.

Angelo
Level 3

Technically I haven't lost them. I'm using VirtualBox, so I'm having two images setup in VB. When start the 8.0.1 instance and then access the server I can see all my certification work and projects when I log in there. Now that I loaded up 9.0.1 image and started that environment, it was empty. So whilst I can see them all, I have to run different environments. Not sure if that was expected so just wanted to check. 

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Angelo thank you for the clarification. It sounds like you didn't upgrade your existing instance, but created a new instance. 

Here are the steps to upgrade your existing instance which is still generally correct:

Update DSS in the VirtualBox 

I hope this helps!

Angelo
Level 3

Ah right ok, makes sense. I'll check it out then and try to upgrade. I'm not too far down the BA Quick Start. Thank you for yourhelp.

Share: