Problem using TRUNCATE or WRITE_TRUNCATE with Dataรฏku

AurรฉlienB
Level 1
Problem using TRUNCATE or WRITE_TRUNCATE with Dataรฏku

Hello,

I face a problem when running my SQL scenario step with a "TRUNCATE" sql statement.

Please find attached the sql code with my truncate statement (in scenario step) & the error message. 

Does that mean that "TRUNCATE" statement is not supported in a step of "execute sql" scenario?

Thanks in advance for your answer 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KeijiY
Dataiker

Hello,

I executed the similar SQL for truncating and inserting in my environment, but I successfully executed the SQL and I could not reproduce the error you are facing.

As we need more information to investigate the error, could you please open a support ticket by sending an email to support@dataiku.com with your scenarioโ€™s diagnosis logs which can be downloaded by clicking the โ€œDownload diagnosisโ€ link on the โ€œLast runsโ€ tab of the โ€œScenariosโ€ page on DSS.

By the way, if your table is registered and managed as a dataset you can use the โ€œClearโ€ step for clearing your tableโ€™s data instead of writing a TRUNCATE statement in the โ€œExecute SQLโ€ step. This way would make your scenario simpler. Could you elaborate your use case so that we can find other options to achieve your goals efficiently?

Best regards,
Keiji

0 Kudos