Oracle connection error ORA-12505

Meryem_dss
Level 1
Oracle connection error ORA-12505

Hello,

Connection failed: Failed to connect: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor , caused by: NetException: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

I verified in the server with other database (Qlicksense, sql plus ...) i was able to connect successfully ; verified environment variables ; verified TNS names file

Any help please ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Meryem_dss ,

The Oracle connection in DSS expects a SID. Could it be that you passed a Service Name instead?

If you have a Service name and want to use the service name, you must switch to the "custom URL" mode and use an URL like:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//[HOST][:PORT]/SERVICE

Regards,

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos
Meryem_dss
Level 1
Author

Hello @Andrey , 

Thank you for your response,

Even if I switch to the "custom URL" mode : I have a new error message : No suitable driver.

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Meryem_dss
Level 1
Author

Here are the error messages I'm getting.

0 Kudos
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

Could you tell if you've added an Oracle jdbc jar to the DATADIR/lib/jdbc directory as described here?

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/sql/oracle.html#installing-the-jdbc-driver

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos
Meryem_dss
Level 1
Author

@Andrey : Yes, I confirm that the ORACLE jdbc jar has already been added.

0 Kudos
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

@Meryem_dss , could you also tell the oracle version that you're connecting to?

By the way, did you restart DSS after putting jdbc jar in the lib/jdbc?

It would also help if you could share your jdbc driver jar and instance diag.(Administration > Maintenance > Diagnostic tool)

You can send it to andrey.avtomonov@dataiku.com

If the resulting file is too large for mail (> 15 MB), you can use https://dl.dataiku.com to send it to us. Please don't forget to send the link that is generated when you upload the file.

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos