Extracting filename from imported data files

Nikiko
Level 2
Extracting filename from imported data files

I am trying to extract the file name of multiple csv files from:

1. Folder (with uploaded csv data files)

--> 2. Created dataset from these files

--> 3. Prepare recipe, using [Misc]

--> Enrich records with context information

--> 4. Key in a field header name under "output filename column"

However, all the records are empty and the filename is not showing up.

How can we extract the filename for each row of data? 

9 Replies
AlexGo
Dataiker

Hi Nikiko,

The steps you outlined should work - try moving it so that it's the first step in the prepare recipe?

0 Kudos
Nikiko
Level 2
Author

I tried 2 routes:

1. Leads_All: Created dataset from multiple data files

2. test: Just grabbing one data file as the dataset

Both to add on the prepare recipe, both returned empty rows for the context information.

Is it that I missed out on any settings somewhere when creating the dataset?

image001.png

0 Kudos
AlexGo
Dataiker

Hi Nikiko,

There isn't any setting in the dataset that I'm aware of. Can you attach a screenshot of your Prepare recipe? I've attached mine with dummy data here for reference but couldn't replicate your issue.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 8.59.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-12 at 8.59.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-12 at 9.00.24 AM.png

0 Kudos
Nikiko
Level 2
Author

I did the same steps. To try out, I put a header name to all the fields and also try out just the last three output columns, still it doesn't work.

image001 (1).png

The columns for test3, test4, test5 and test 1 are all empty.image002 (1).png

AlexGo
Dataiker

That's odd. I can't replicate the issue on my end. Just to confirm, this is with CSVs and using the DSS engine?

It might be worthwhile creating a support ticket and attaching the job log to it using the following instructions:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/obtaining-support.html#editor-support-for-dataiku...

0 Kudos
Nikiko
Level 2
Author

Yes, the files are all csv files and I am using the DSS platform for the upload the folder and using "Create dataset" icon to create the dataset before the "prepare" recipe. 

Okie, I shall log the case with Dataiku.

Great Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos
Nikiko
Level 2
Author

Managed to find a solution to this, from one of the Dataiku trainer during my training session.

It's due to the setting boxed up in the image below.

To select the type as csv format.

For the skip next time, previously I had skipped a couple of lines, later to set them to zero.  *not sure if this is related also?)

Thank You.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thank you for sharing your solution with this @Nikiko

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
gjoseph
Level 2

I have the same issue using json files and storing as SQL table. It works when I save it as a flat file on blob storage.

0 Kudos