question on prepare recipe

Solved!
NN
question on prepare recipe

Hi All,

I had 2 questions on the prepare recipe.

1. Is there a way to add comments to a formula 

temp1.jpg

2. in a find and replace function i wish to select the columns using a pattern.
is there a way we can make this column pattern search case insensitive ?

temp2.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
emate
Level 5

Hi @NN 

When it comes to your 1st question - adding comments -  I would just add a "comment"  this way, and I would aslo tick an option "always show comment" - that way under this specific "prepare" recipe I would see a comment

image.png

Thanks

Mateusz

View solution in original post

AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

To answer you second question around  regex pattern you can use the following to make the whole pattern case insensitive using (?i)

Example : (?i)^mobilename_\d{1,3}$

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 10.23.08.png

In cases where you don't wont the whole pattern to be case insensitive you add UPPER/lower case within e.g [Aa] 

your example : ^[Mm][Oo][Bb][Ii][Ll][Ee][Nn][Aa][Mm][Ee]_\d{1,3}$

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @NN while I can't provide a solution to your specific questions, I just want to make you aware, if you haven't accessed them already, of the Advanced Prepare Recipe Usage course in the Dataiku Academy. Also some other resources in both the Documentation on Data Preparation and in the Knowledge Base on Data Preparation as well.

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
emate
Level 5

Hi @NN 

When it comes to your 1st question - adding comments -  I would just add a "comment"  this way, and I would aslo tick an option "always show comment" - that way under this specific "prepare" recipe I would see a comment

image.png

Thanks

Mateusz

AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

To answer you second question around  regex pattern you can use the following to make the whole pattern case insensitive using (?i)

Example : (?i)^mobilename_\d{1,3}$

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 10.23.08.png

In cases where you don't wont the whole pattern to be case insensitive you add UPPER/lower case within e.g [Aa] 

your example : ^[Mm][Oo][Bb][Ii][Ll][Ee][Nn][Aa][Mm][Ee]_\d{1,3}$

NN
Author

Thanks @emate and @AlexT and @CoreyS 

The (?i) option works perfectly
And the external comment is the best alternative . Thanks for your inputs.

0 Kudos