metastore error when trying to compute metrics on s3 dataset

Solved!
NN
metastore error when trying to compute metrics on s3 dataset

Hi,
I have an S3 dataset and when i try to compute a metrics of "Column Statistics">>"Distinct Value Count" on a particular column, i get the following exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : Could not determine metastore database for dataset

Can someone help guide on how to resolve this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi

you need to review the metastore integration settings on your S3 connection. Typically, it's either that you have selected Metastore synchronization but there is actually no Hive or Glue integration setup on DSS, or that you haven't set a fallback metastore DB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi

you need to review the metastore integration settings on your S3 connection. Typically, it's either that you have selected Metastore synchronization but there is actually no Hive or Glue integration setup on DSS, or that you haven't set a fallback metastore DB.

0 Kudos
NN
Author

Hi @fchataigner2 
Thankyou what you said seems to be right

Fallback metastore db seems to be null in my case
I would need to work with the admin to resolve this.

0 Kudos
fchataigner2
Dataiker

you can also check the Settings > Connection tab of the dataset to check the metastore settings (and possibly deactivate them

0 Kudos
NN
Author

I kept this blank. But still get the error. Even rebuilt my dataset and then when i go to checks and run record count it gives the same error. img.png

0 Kudos