is there a way to easily locate charts ?

Solved!
Herve
Level 4
is there a way to easily locate charts ?

If not, may I suggest to add to the Project summary ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Herve, three possible ideas for you to consider:

For charts that you want to highlight or have an easy way of returning to, try saving them as insights. To do this, click the +Publish button while in the Charts tab. Then delete the dashboard suggested by default. Click "Create" to create the insight without adding it to a dashboard. Then you can navigate to the Insights tab (G+I) to see all insights for that project.

Another strategy is to just use the Details tab of the right sidebar. When you click on a dataset in the Flow (without opening it), if you pull up the Details view, all charts (including non-insights) will be listed.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.11.10 PM.png

One other possibility is that you could add a tag to datasets that have a chart, such as "with_chart". Then you can adjust the Flow View to Tags to see datasets with that matching tag.

Hope some of these strategies work for you!

Dataiku

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @Herve! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if you’ve tried any fixes already?

In terms of your specific question, are you referring to the charts tab that is located in the dataset?

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 10.21.10 AM.png

Or am I misunderstanding your question completely?

Let us know and I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
Herve
Level 4
Author

For sure when you are in a recipe, there is no question it is easy to find the Chart tab 😉

In complex flows, there are many many recipes, finding the right recipe where you started working on charts for "future dashboards" isn't that simple. 

0 Kudos
SeanA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Herve, three possible ideas for you to consider:

For charts that you want to highlight or have an easy way of returning to, try saving them as insights. To do this, click the +Publish button while in the Charts tab. Then delete the dashboard suggested by default. Click "Create" to create the insight without adding it to a dashboard. Then you can navigate to the Insights tab (G+I) to see all insights for that project.

Another strategy is to just use the Details tab of the right sidebar. When you click on a dataset in the Flow (without opening it), if you pull up the Details view, all charts (including non-insights) will be listed.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.11.10 PM.png

One other possibility is that you could add a tag to datasets that have a chart, such as "with_chart". Then you can adjust the Flow View to Tags to see datasets with that matching tag.

Hope some of these strategies work for you!

Dataiku
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

@Herve One other strategy (and hat tip to @ChristinaH for recommending this) may be to create a global tag for charts and tag any dataset that has a chart so you can use the tags view.

Here are some resources you may also find useful for this:

I hope this all helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
0 Kudos